Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Diary of a Nymphomaniac (Sort of Sounds Like This Blog, Doesn't it?)

I saw a movie tonight on Netflix called Diary of a Nymphomaniac. It's pretty much about what it sounds like it's about. I'm not sure I can recommend it because it seems a little too close to being a cautionary tale about marriage and prostitution, both things which I enjoy. Ultimately the moral of the story seemed to be that whether you were a wife or a prostitute you could never truly be free, and I of course have to heartily disagree with that notion. However, I did want to share the last line in the movie with everyone, because it just made me so happy. I love it when other people out there get it, to sort of understand what it feels like to be me"

"I’m a promiscuous woman, yes, because I want to use sex as a means to find what everyone is looking for: recognition, pleasure, self-esteem, and in short, love and affection."

It is my firm belief that there is nothing wrong with a woman loving sex and using it to gain any of the above feelings. It's just that we have to constantly be vigilant and remind ourselves that it is OK, it is good, it is empowering to use sex however we deem necessary. We need to remind ourselves and we need to remind each other.

I use sex to feel alive, and today I feel more alive than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment