Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Biggest Fear

NaNoWriMo starts again in just about 24 hours and I have no idea if I'm going to do it. I have a very good idea for a story, but I have the worst writers block right now. By this I don't mean that I'm not writing; I'm actually writing quite a bit more than I had been before I went rogue. It just feels like everything I write falls flat compared to my expectations for it, and this makes writing less fun than it used to be. Perhaps this is an uncomfortable growth spurt as my style becomes more badass? I certainly hope so. But I think it might be a pretty bad sign when I put a self-reflective piece about writing on my freaking sex blog. Isn't this supposed to be about sex?

This is sort of about sex, because my biggest fear is that I spend the entire bulk of my creative energy on all the sex I have. Which is such a terrible problem to have, I know.

I don't know how to have less sex, it's like all my ideas involve just having more and more and more sex. But when I look back on my writing career, some of my best work was done during sexual dry spells. This blog being the exception, if I may be so bold as to call this a good body of work. Some of it is good.

Part of me wishes I could just take a month off and see where my novel goes. Let me tell you though, I would really, really miss fucking.

2 comments:

  1. Reading about all the fucking you do . . . believe me when I say I never fall flat, if you know what I mean. One of these days I'm going to have to say fuck the rent and get me a Kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog from TOB and wow, loved your first post about the warm bath! You write very well and I felt like I was there watching... mmm nice:) Anyway, I understand your biggest fear because I have the same fear. I think I could be a lot more successful if I could put my sexual energy into other areas of my life and not just in fucking. One of my friends dads told him that he "didn't make his first million, until he stopped letting his dick do the driving" lol I totally relate and while I would love to be a millionaire, I kind of like where my dick drives me:) Hopefully, it will be driving to meet you soon... Jakethorn2010

    ReplyDelete